PetCloud is Australia's most trusted pet sitting community. Be sure to use a Pet Sitter that puts you and your pets needs ahead of their own and covers every base to give you complete peace of mind for every stay.
In the event a minder's actions lead to loss, injury or damage to property, at a Pet Owners home, this cover will protect you:
- A pet escapes and gets injured while in a Pet Sitter's care
- A pet is injured and requires Veterinary treatment
- A pet injures another pet while in care
- A pet sitter's own animal is injured while caring for another animal
- An excess of $250 is required by the Pet Sitter in the event of a successful claim whether the Pet Sitter is at fault or otherwise
NOTE: for the following policies to take effect, ALL pet sitting must be booked via the petcloud.com.au website and paid in full. All claims must then be received within 30 days of the incident that is deemed to have caused the claim.
- Public Liability cover
- Care Custody & Control cover (the visiting pet)
- Errors and Omissions (Professional Liability) – This refers to accidental injury to a guest pet in the sitter’s care. This type of insurance brings comfort to pet owners and sitters as, often, any non-negligent harm arises where an animal in the sitter’s care has been accidentally harmed in the course of service delivery, through no specific fault of the sitter. Claims are subjected to a $250 excess payable by the pet sitter at the time of the claim.
While these policies are good back stops, they are no replacement for common sense, conducting thorough meet and greets, backyard inspections, booking RSPCA accredited Sitters and ensuring the Pet Sitter has all the information they need to care for your unique pet while you are away.
We provide the following to you as an owner or a minder to have maximum peace of mind:
- Free Pet Accident Cover
- Free Host Insurance
- Optional GPS Trackers for purchase
- RSPCA Accredited Online Training Portal
- Police Checks (optional)
- Scenario 1 Your dog loves to go for beach walks. The sitter takes the dog for a walk with the dog and hidden under the sand is a bluebottle that stings the dog. The dog ends up needing vet care. This would be covered under the care custody and control section.
- Scenario 2 A Pet Owner takes a dog for a walk in the park 1 day before the pet stay begins. The dog eats some old meat in the park and the next day is dropped off at the sitters and appears fine. Then in the sitters care gets sick and has to go to vet. The Pet Owner would need Pet Insurance to cover the vet bill (for accident and Illness) as there is no negligence from the pet sitter’s actions.
- Scenario 3 Person is doing house sitting at the Owners home and is told not to let dog inside. Dog gets in side and chews furniture. Furniture is covered.
- Scenario 4 A visiting dog gets out and goes missing during a pet stay. A stranger pulls up in the car and takes the dog to a local vet. The dog doesn’t get reunited with the pet owner for 1 week and so the vet wants to charge the Owner for dog boarding. This would be covered under errors and omissions.
- Scenario 5 A Pet Sitter takes a visiting dog for a walk in a nearby park and the dog gets a tick. In the sitters care gets sick and has to go to vet. The Pet Owner would need Pet Insurance as there is no negligence from the pet sitter.
- Providing cover for accidents that leads to damage or injury to individuals
- All claims are processed by our Internationally accredited, AAA rated insurer
- Provides cover for Pet Sitters where any claim is made against the services they provide
Use of our service denotes acceptance of all Terms and Conditions of our website and these insurances. For full details see our Terms and Conditions.
How to make a claim
To make a claim you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com for details. Depending on the claim, a statement may be required from the Pet Sitter, the Pet Owner and a PetCloud representative as part of the claims process.