Just like kids – dogs too love cold and icy treats in summer. This summer spoil your fur babies with some icy treats which are delicious and which helps them to keep cool.
Watermelon & Yoghurt + Mango & Yoghurt Doggy Ice TreatsIngredients
- plain greek yoghurt
- Place cut-up watermelon into the blender, add a scoop of plain greek yogurt, and blend until liquid.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into ice cube trays (or these cute paw print moulds!).
- Place cut-up mango into the blender, add a scoop of plain greek yogurt, and blend until liquid.
- Pour the mango mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
- Pop the frozen cubes into an airtight container and store in the freezer.
Frozen Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Heat peanut butter in a microwave safe dish for 10-15 seconds, or until it’s a softened and a bit runny.
- Spoon an even layer of peanut butter in each silicone mold. Slightly tap the silicone trays to remove any air bubbles and to make them level.
- Make the banana mixture by mashing the ripe banana in a bowl with a fork until creamy. Add the Greek yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Spoon an even layer of the banana/yogurt mixture until the mold is filled up. Tap the silicone trays lightly on the counter then place into the freezer for 4 hours.
- Remove from the silicone molds and store these frozen treats in an air tight sealed container in the freezer. Enjoy!
Strawberry & Toys Frozen Ice Bucket
- 1 punnet of Strawberries
- Your dog’s favourite rubber toys
- 1 tupperware container or empty icecream container
- Slice up strawberries
- Add rubber toys
- Fill container with water
- Place strawberries and rubber toys in container that will fit in your freezer and freeze overnight.
- Give to your dog on a hot day and enjoy!
Savoury Doggy Ice Treat Recipe
- 250ml water
- 50g cooked chicken
- 25g carrot
- 25g zucchini
- 10g broccoli
- 10g cheese
- Grate 25g of carrot and 25g of zucchini. Put aside in a bowl.
- Grate 10g of cheese. Put half of the grated cheese in the bowl with the grated carrot and zucchini. Set the rest of the cheese aside.
- Cut up a small sprig of broccoli, about 10g. Place in the bowl with the other veggies.
- Cut the chicken up into small pieces and place into the butter container.
- Grab the bowl of veggies and place into the butter container.
- Use a measuring cup and fill it up with 250ml of water. Pour into the butter container.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Put the butter container lid on and freeze the Dog Ice Block overnight.
- Once frozen, sit the ice block out of the freezer for a few minutes, open the lid and run a bit of water over the ice block. Tip onto the ground and let your dog enjoy!
- Apples – cored
- Honeydew melon
- Orange – no seeds
- Green Peas
- Lima Beans
- Black Cherry
Ready to Create your free Pet Profile? PetCloud makes responsible Pet Care easy and is free to join. Keep track of your Pet’s Vaccinations, or annual checkups, store their Vet Certificate, even hire a Pet Sitter – all in your very own PetCloud!