Nothing beats a trip to the local markets on a Sunday morning, with fresh food, entertainment and home-made treats, but there is one thing that could make it better - man’s best friend!
Many dog owners want to share the Sunday markets experience with their pooch but struggle to find four-legged friendly locations.
Your pet will be welcomed with open arms at these dog friendly markets, recommend by Yahoo7 Be Lifestyle.
BRISBANE: Jan Powers Farmers Market
These markets are ‘brining the farm to Brisbane’ but what is on offer?
- Organic bonanza in New Farm, Manly, Mitchelton and Brisbane City.
- New Farm original market is the best and perfect for any discerning pooch for Sunday morning fun, food and frolicking
- Primarily based on farm produce
- Also available: breads, fish, meat, poultry, artisan products and flowers.
- 100% puppy friendly and leaves other in the dust for location and things to do.
- Designated enclosed dog play area directly beside the Powerhouse – “a bustling hive of social fun for four-legged pals”
SYDNEY: Marrickville Organic Market
Located at the Addison Road Centre in Sydney's inner west, how do these markets blend of traditional and Bohemian stall holders’ suit your pet?
- Dogs are more than welcome and other pets are encouraged as well. A friendly resident Shetland pony who wanders the markets is the trademark of the event
- Big on food so bring your appetite and a full wallet
- Traditional stalls offer: traditional market fare, organic produce, food to die for (Yahoo7 highly recommends the corn fritter), array of baked goods and sausage sizzle.
- Modern twist stalls offer: gluten-free soda bread, cold-pressed smoothies and artisan breads.
- One of the finest pet-friendly markets in Sydney
MELBOURNE: Hank Marvin Markets
This market in St Kilda's Alma Park the only one of its kind to offer free picnic blankets for humans and dogs, but what else makes it special?
- Pets are the focus rather than the stalls. Keep an eye out for puppy fashions with some of the best dressed pooches in Melbourne sporting handmade outfits.
- The Canine Wellness Kitchen offers: pre made raw meals, piles of dried treat and bone broth flavoured dog beer so you and your pooch can both crack a coldie after a hard day’s work.
- Plenty of dogs of every shape and size ready to socialise with our best man
- Live music and human food stalls are, of course, also available
Love your furry family members? Join our pack today for pet news, updates and events!
Photo Credit: Hank Marvin Markets Facebook
Information shared from Yahoo7 Be Lifestyle.