If you’re looking for some of the best dog-friendly venues and activities to do with your dog in Sydney on the weekend, here is some of the best we've found!
1. Watch a Movie
At an outdoor cinema in Centennial Park with Moonlight cinemas. Or watch a movie at Skyline Drive In Blacktown, which are dog friendly.
2. Wander through dog-friendly Markets
3. Eat Brunch at a dog-friendly café
• at the Boathouse Manly for your morning coffee
• order a coffee, pupacino, and dog biscuits for your pooch at Leichhardt’s Café Bones.
• head to the Grumpy Baker for some freshly baked goodies.
• Mingle with the other dog owners and their pooches at Laneway Café.
4. Explore a new dog-friendly walk
• Hawthorne Canal Reserve.
• Along the beachside path at Manly and the Steyne.
• Roll around the ample grass at Rowland Reserve.
• Or let your furbaby loose at Gladstone Park after some brekky from the Little Marionette in Balmain.
• Head to the Beresford’s courtyard any day of the week for a good feed (how much you share with your dog is up to you).
• Stretch your legs (and your dog’s) at Hawthorne Canal Reserve.
• Centennial Parklands.
• Enjoy million dollar views at Observatory Hill Park (major plus: off leash at all times!).
• North Harbour Reserve.
• Let them loose at Rushcutters Bay Park.
• Watch the sun set from up the top of Mark’s Park - At the Bondi end of Sydney's Coastal Walk
• Throw a ball at one of the city’s largest off leash parks, Sydney Park in St Peters.
• sensational views and a sunshine walk along Beare Park.
5. Go kayaking with your dog
Photo credit: Beyondtheflow
At Careel Bay, just off Palm Beach in Sydney is near where they film Australian drama series Home & Away.
6. Go bike riding with your dog
in a basket or by your side along
7. Go Stand Up Paddle Boarding with your dog
• Watsons Bay’s Gibson’s Beach
• Rose Bay
• Balmoral, Sydney’s Lower North Shore
• Avoca Beach
• Narrabeen Lagoon, Narrabeen Lakes
• Bayview, Clareville and Avalon, up to the protected side of the Palm Beach peninsula
8. Go rollerblading with your dog
Rollerblade Hire Manly
9. Take a doga class (dog yoga).
At Headland Park Mosman with Rancan sisters fitness
10. Go camping with your dog
• Mystery Bay Campground, South Coast of NSW
• Coachwood Camping Area, Chichester State Forest
• Riverwood Downs, Karuah River, Barrington Tops National Park
• Turon Gates, Turon River, Blue Mountains
• Wollondilly River Station, Southern Highlands
• Delicate Campground, Goolawah Regional Park
11. Visit a Dog friendly Beach with your dog
Sirius Cove Dog Beach
Source: Jessica Moylan
• At Manly Lagoon or Rosebay Foreshore
• Clontarf Reserve for an ocean dip.
• Head to Sirius Cove for some serious fun with sand, mud, dirt, and water. Sirius Cove is a favorite for families with dogs. It is a picturesque beach and has lots of shade on the grassy side. Dogs are allowed off-leash all day during the week. On Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays, go before 9:00 am or after 4.00 pm.
12. Take your dog for a picnic
• at Barangaroo Reserve.
• Heat up the barbie at Connie Lowe Reserve
13. Enjoy a Sunday afternoon beer or wine with your dog
• Enjoy a Sunday afternoon session at the Sheaf’s beer garden.
• Enjoy some sunshine and rosé at The Winery with your furry companion