Australian Government Health Advice about the Coronavirus emergency has highlighted we all drastically need to reduce face to face contact in order to slow the spread of the virus, so we updated our measures in place to ensure your safety and that of our teams.
If you are in Hospital, have Essential travel to do, or are a Frontline worker:
- Only essential services such as Home Visits, Pet Sitting, and House Sitting should be booked involving feeding, watering, and excerising pets.
- Sitters cannot not enter any aged care homes to protect older Australians. Sorry.
- Sitters can only enter elderly private homes of Pet Owners if you are away or in hospital.
Before your Meet & Greet: Please advise our Sitters if any of the following applies to you:
- You are unwell with flu-like symptoms;
- You have travelled overseas within the past 14 days;
- You have come into contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19.
The rules on "essential services" can vary from state to state, so please read the Australian Government's Health advice for your state:
What you can do to keep us all safe:
- As usual book and pay online
- Meet and Greets should be held virtually over video (try using Skype, Zoom, or Google hangouts). Go through the RSPCA Qld Property Checklist during the call.
- If you meet in person, keep 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others. No shaking hands.
- Avoid non essential travel.
- Limit the number of people accompanying your pet to a maximum of one person
- When entering and leaving a Meet & Greet, always use the hand sanitizer, even though there will be no contact.
- Everyone should wash hands with soap and water after touching pets & surfaces.
- Please pre-order medications or food online from Petbarn.com.au
- We are doing everything we can to continue to provide quality service to you and your pet and reduce the risk to both our clients and team members.
Thank you for your understanding.